Healthy Asian Crockpot Chicken
The hubby has been busy. Where, you might ask? Wait for it… in the kitchen! He’s really taken up with the crockpot lately and has put together some really good recipes! Yay for me! I’m loving it because it means I don’t have to cook when I get home from work! I’ve been getting home really late for the past few months and am pretty wiped out, so it’s such a huge stress-reliever for dinner to already be made and waiting. Isn’t he a good little hubby? 😉
His favorite is Asian food, so that’s what we’ve got for you! This recipe is a bit higher carb, so would be best post-workout if you’re able to arrange your schedule that way. If you’d like to punch up the veggie content, I think some carrots, zucchini and maybe some snow peas would go fabulously with this recipe. Come to think of it, broccoli would probably be really awesome with it too. Feel free to use whatever you like best! I wouldn’t recommend putting broccoli or zucchini in the crockpot for the whole cook time since they will fall apart, but carrots cut in big chunks should definitely hold up well. If you’d like to do snow peas, broccoli and/or zucchini, just add them in for about the last 30-40 minutes of cook time. Try to keep them cut in somewhat larger pieces so they don’t get too mushy.
Now for the recipe! This one needs to cook for about 4 1/2 hours, so it works well if you can come home around lunch time, get it cooking and it’ll be ready when you get home for dinner! This recipe is packed with lean protein, as much veggies as you like, and a punch of zesty Asian flair. I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
- 3, 7-8 oz chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (we use Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1-2 jalapeños, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Chopped green onions for serving
- Sesame seeds for serving
- Any veggies you like: broccoli, zucchini, carrots, and/or snow peas are recommended
- Cooked rice (for side dish)
- Add first 9 ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours. If using carrots, chop in large chunks and add them as well.
- Chop chicken into large chunks and add cornstarch. If using broccoli, zucchini and/or snow peas, add them as well.
- Cook on high for another 15-25 minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
- (with 1 zucchini and 1 large carrot added to recipe)
- Total Calories: 288
- Protein: 27g
- Carbs: 32.5g
- Fat: 7g
- Total Calories: 150
- Protein: 3g
- Carbs: 35g
- Fat: 1.5g