Healthier, Low-Sugar, Delicious Margaritas!
LOVE these. They’re so fun, they taste waaay better than any other margaritas I’ve had, AND… you can feel just a leetle less guilty about drinking them since they’re not swimming in sugar! These are the real deal folks – fresh-squeezed lime juice, homemade simple syrup, and a nice splash of orange to round out the flavors. Even if you don’t have a view as amazing as this, these margaritas might just make you not even care! 🙂
Y’all have my sweet daddy to thank for these little cupfuls of happiness; he’s the bartender extraordinaire out of the family and is always experimenting! He does a pretty darn good job too, better than most restaurants I’d say. I think the agave syrup is a perfect complement for a tequila drink – these are my favorite margaritas I’ve had yet. So get your juicers ready and invite your friends over, these might just make your weekend a whole lot more fun! 😛
- 12 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice (I use Oxo Citrus Juicer)
- 20 oz water
- 4 oz orange juice
- 10 oz simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 12 oz tequila (we use 1800 Reposado)
- 6 oz Grand Marnier (La Belle orange liqueur is a great alternative at half the price)
- 1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- In a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw in 1/2 cup water over very low heat. Mix 1/3 cup agave in 1/2 cup water and mix into saucepan. Heat just until warm. (Any leftovers not used in the margaritas can be stored in the fridge for next time.)
- In a large pitcher (2 quart Takeya container works well), add the 12 oz of lime juice, 20 oz of water and 4 oz of orange juice.
- Add 10 oz simple syrup, 12 oz tequila and 6 oz orange liqueur.
- Shake until mixed well.
- Pour over ice in salt-rimmed glass and enjoy!